Hi guys,
I am sorry I did not go to the presentation. I was sick the other day.
I think we need catch up for our assignment. Our game seems more like rpg other than deathmatch and it will make our assignment hard to keep going.
For Deathmatch, Normally the goal of a deathmatch game is to kill (or "frag", from the military term) as many other players as possible until a certain condition or limit is reached, commonly being a frag limit or time limit. Once one of these conditions is met, the match is over and the winner is the player that accumulated the greatest number of frags.---from wiki.
So I think the background story is not that important, the reason the story exists is just to give a reason to start killing. The way we did at the moment is more like rpg, actually we don't have to follow how the story goes.
For one of the most attractive things in deathmatch is map. But we don't have map now. So we should finish the map design as soon as possible.
Maybe we should set up small group to work together. Like Sev and Tata work as a group, and Daniel and Stephanie work as a group. Terry and I work together on the scripts.
These are just my thinking about the current situations.
But I do think we should meet up to talk about it. It's already week 4.
It was only recommended we do a death-match, as it would be somewhat easier to do than what we are attempting which is a single player fps. It doesn't say anywhere in the brief what type of game you must make, only that it must have certain elements like 3 levels etc.
ReplyDeleteThe background story is fairly important to this type of gameplay hence the reason for our cut-scenes.
Steph and Tata are hopefully working on the map designs at the moment and will have them done soon
I have already organised the small groups as outlined in our design document (breakdown of activities on the last page).
As a reminder I will be doing the basic level design, then Steph and Tata will fill the levels up and texture them.
Sev will be working on the menus as well as any maya models we may need for the levels (guns etc).
You and Terry will be working on the scripting once Steph and Tata start handing you the completed levels, in the meantime I asked Terry if you could both test putting in a custom menu in the UT editor from placeholders and testing altering weapon settings that will be needed later.
Hope that this makes things a bit more clearer